Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Learning to Let Go (part 1)

Growing up as the youngest boy amongst me brother, relatives and neighborhood kids, I was forced to learn how to do things quickly otherwise I'd be left behind. I didn't enjoy games such as tag/chase because I was the slowest and if I got tagged then it would most likely remain that way until someone felt sorry for me or I quit. If we played hide-n-seek, my survival dependent on a good hiding spot because I couldn't rely on my speed to take me to the safety of base. There were many times when the game would be over and I would still be left in my hiding spot, punks...training wheels were not an option for me, those extra plastic wheels only slowed me down on my bicycle, therefore it was push and crash until I succeeded...

2 comments:

Me said...

I kinda know what you mean, when you write that things and circumstances in your childhood shaped you into who you are today.

Unlike you, I am an only child. I have great parents and haven't missed of anything in my childhood, but I still started early on to spend a lot of time alone, on my own.

And now , I'm very independant. Being alone or starting a life on my own does not intimidate me (unlike my friends who come from larger families).

All that to say that I think I can relate to the first part of your post. But I've never lived a near-death experience.

Can you write the rest of it?

If you ever want to check out my blog, it's:
sarah-writerinmaking.blogspot.com

Jason said...

finished part two haha =)